FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS ON EMPLOYMENT CONTRACTS (RECONTRACT/TRANSFER (NEW EMPLOYER)
- Who can file application?
Only those Overseas Filipino Workers who will finish/about to finish their employment contracts and are still in Hong Kong can process without using the services of an accredited employment agency. The worker or the employer may submit the application.
- What are the DOCUMENTARY REQUIREMENTS?
Information Sheet (duly filled-out) –
- Note: Information sheet may be secured from the POLO Office located at the A16th Floor Mass Mutual Tower, 33 Lockhart Road, Wan Chai or may be downloaded at the POLO HK website (polohk.org)
- Original new contract (from the Immigration) – 4 sets with the same series numbers
- Copy of current contract
- Copy of passport showing page with OFW picture
- Copy of Visa
- Copy of employer’s HK ID
- Copy of worker’s HK ID
- APPLICABLE FOR TRANSFER ONLY – Copy of worker’s ID 522 issued by the Immigration Dept. (if contract is pre-terminated due to the following reasons: death of employer, transfer of the employer to other country, financial incapacity, and redundancy.
- When to file?
RENEWAL of EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT can be filed at the POLO Office two (2) months before the expiration of the worker’s visa.
RECONTRACT-OWWA Form (Downloadable form)
TRANSFER (NEW EMPLOYER) OF EMPLOYMENT CONTRACT can be filed one (1) month before the expiration of the worker’s visa.
TRANSFER-OWWA Form (Downloadable form)
- Where to submit the documents?
Worker/Employer may submit the documentary requirements to the POLO Office located at 18th Floor, Mass Mutual Tower, 33 Lockhart Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong. The POLO HK is open from Sunday to Thursday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- How much are the fees?
TOTAL FEES TO BE PAID = HKD 476.00
- OWWA Membership Fee = HKD 196.00 (paid at the POLO Office)
- Verification Fee = HKD 80.00 (paid at the POLO Office)
- Authentication Fee = HKD 200.00 (paid at the Philippine Consulate General at 14/F United Centre Queensway before the release of the contract)
- How long is the processing time?
If complete and without deficiencies, the duly verified and authenticated contracts shall be released six (6) working days upon submission.
- Where to pick up the duly verified and authenticated contracts?
Contract shall be released by the Philippine Consulate General (PCG) upon payment of the required authentication fee in the amount of HKD 200.00. The PCG is located at the 14th Floor, United Center, Queensway, Admiralty HK.
On the specified date of release, pay authentication fee at the Cashier Window/s then proceed to the Counters for the releasing of contracts, present Hong Kong ID, the official verification receipt (OR), OWWA Membership Receipt and CONTROL SLIP issued by the POLO.
- The duly verified and authenticated contract shall be submitted to the Immigration Department for work visa processing.
For the applicants of Post Arrival Orientation Seminar (PAOS)
Online Registration is necessary. Please click this link https://polohk.org/paos/registration
For Philippine Civil Service Exam: